Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Savage Worlds Minis Request Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Slipstream Weapons Kit would be awesome. Many existing figures from the Reaper line could be converted to Slipstream to represent aliens, if only I could put a raygun in hand, or strapped some obvious "sci-fi tech" on. Similarly, you could get a typical Slipstream spacer just by grabbing any of the Chronoscope superhero types and adding a rocket pack and ray gun.

For instance, for Raptor Men, you could just use:
* 14475: Raptor

... and then stick a ray gun in one claw, and use a bit of putty to give him a belt and/or bandolier, and we're all set!

For such a kit, I'd love:
* Rayguns - different sizes/types would be nice, but I'd like at least two of the same kind just in case I want to fix up a hero for a "two-fisted action" pose. These would be the most important feature, since this is what really says "Slipstream" to me.

* Raygun Rifle - two-handed variant on a raygun, of course.

* Rocketpack - could be just like the pack on Dee Dee, Astro Girl, but have a couple of bendable cables/belts coming out from the sides, so they can be wrapped around the figure, or turned into control lines going to the hands.

* Gizmo(s) - could be like the "tracker" held by the "Alien Overlord with Tracker." A box or cylinder with some buttons and an antenna or dish, etc.

"Recycling" items from existing figures would be fine; it spares me the horror of chopping something off of a perfectly good figure.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going off topic, but for Slipstream, check these out as well.

http://www.bluemoonmanufacturing.com/index.php?cat_id=24
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other Mike wrote:
This is going off topic, but for Slipstream, check these out as well.

http://www.bluemoonmanufacturing.com/index.php?cat_id=24

Good recommendation, but please everyone, let's keep this thread limited only to figure requests. That way it'll be easy to compile a list later.

I mean, the top thread in this forum right now is about Slipstream-appropriate minis... (hint, hint) Wink
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, sticking with Deadlands for now, I "vote" for things that are hard to find elsewhere.

- Male Indian Shaman (Raven looks more warrior than shaman)
- Male Mad Scientist
- Female Harrowed
- Male and Female Hucksters
- Agent
- Soldiers (I know I can find them in 25mm, but ...)
- Martial Artist (period correct clothing)
- Well dressed gentleman and lady (period correct clothing, can probably be used for Rippers as well)

The earlier suggestion of setting specific weapons packs is an excellent idea, as that makes it easier to convert other figures. Consider the well dressed gentleman above, made with an open hand which could contain from a walking stick normally, but with the weapons pack, a pistol, a weird science device or something like that.

And of course, and setting specific critters
slugsabi
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just got back into miniatures to support my Deadlands game and knowing which direction I want to go how about a series of mini's aimed to support 'The Flood'. That way anyone of a mind would be able to collect such whilst knowing that they cover a good selection of the game as well.

I don't wish to provide a list and introduce a catalogue of spoilers but think about the major characters/plot points/encounters and archetypes and you should be on the right path.
Crumbs
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up my first offical deadlands mini Reverend Grimme and I'm pretty pleased with it.

I would like models for the rail barons and some female/male variants for existing models.
robert4818
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say there's any official monster for them, but I'd love to see some skeletons, in dusters, cowboy hats, and belts on.

Why, just cause they'd look awsome.
slugsabi
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just ordered a batch to get the good old free P&P to the UK and now have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery. Sooooo... should give you a head start to motivate them to build up the collection somewhat more in time for the next order. Smile
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i have not all ready requested the school marm

School Marm in glasses

Mad Scientist Girl with corrective goggles and a big wrench
Crumbs
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapons pack for Deadlands.
Nostromos
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Deadlands mini Reply with quote

Would love to see a female Huckster...set of cards in one hand and a pistol in the other or something....definitely something to show she's a Huckster. Wife loves the class (she's a card shark IRL) but we're having a hardtime finding a good mini for it.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are talking parts kits as well as figures

A tool and parts kit for weird and mad scientist

with tools

a big wrench almost as tall as the mini

goggles with corective lenses
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I've got a request: Persuade the Reaper folks to add a "Deadlands" key tag to their online store! I keep forgetting that searching for "Deadlands" isn't going to do a thing. It's not a *Deadlands* line of miniatures, but a *Savage Worlds* line of figures, officially ... even though all the minis so far are clearly for Deadlands. Wink

An actual miniatures request, related to the "female huckster" request above: I'd love a couple of figures of "Victorian adventurers" along the lines of some of my favorite Reaper minis that come with options:

* Jack the Ripper
* Sherlock Holmes
* Jack Harrison (Adventuring Hero)

They wouldn't need a whole ARSENAL of options; just a couple of hand options would make a world of difference - and even if the exact gizmo or gun or hand of cards wasn't included that I wanted, having the hand be a separate piece already opens up opportunities for me to customize the figure by gluing on some "bitz" salvaged from some other mini or accessory set, rather than buying a perfectly good mini and SAWING OFF an arm to replace it (and losing precious millimeters of pewter since, well, hobby saws don't yet have monomolecular blade technology Wink ).

If you look at #59009 - Mad Scientist (Female) , just imagine if the figure were holding up a hand of cards instead of the zappy-gun, or perhaps a revolver, or a lace fan. You could suggest a different role for the character with just a swap of props. (Of course, there's still the matter of the techno-fist she's got on the other hand, too.) She's almost a perfect baseline for such conversions, except for the amount of arm I'd have to saw off to replace the "power fist," and the belt hookup for the ray gun; it's not going to be as simple as a mere hand-swap in this case. Even having a copy of the EXACT SAME FIGURE, but without the weird-science trappings would be of value, as a conversion baseline.

I mean, take a basic Victorian-looking gent or lady, and add a prop and you could indicate a number of different roles:

* Hand of cards: huckster or gambler
* Crucifix or stake: vampire hunter
* Unarmed: innocent bystander
* Big wrench: fix-it guy or gal
* Book: Scholar or occultist
* Derringer: armed all-purpose adventurer/investigator/etc.
* "Wolver" Claws: ripper!

The trick many times is in getting a nice-looking figure to serve as a baseline, that I don't have to waste too much time trimming off extraneous details (weapons held close to the body, etc.) before I add on the relevant ones.

(Incidentally, some of the best conversion-worthy minis I had from ages ago were the old Ral Partha "Vampire: The Masquerade" minis, since they basically were just unarmed people with upraised hands. I ended up buying several duplicates of the same minis just because they made such great "innocent bystanders" or else "baselines" for conversions. Just swap out a hand with a gun or a sword or a mad science gizmo, and I'm set! I converted one into a huckster by cutting out some tiny pieces of paper as cards to glue into his hand.)
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know as nice as it is to see the special villians and add creature minis. I'd really like to see a archtype pack put together for each of the official settings. I usually use a slew of generic "monster" or "soldier" minis for all my bad guys in any game. This makes it easy and I dont have to lug around a bunch of lead. But where I always try to get a good look is on the PC's. They are the meat of the game and I like to be able to easily identify them.

If it was possible to get a 5-8 mini box selling for $25-$40 of a theme of figs it would be awesome. Do a couple sets of the archtypes for each setting and then even have some generics. There are a LOT of Home brew folks out there and having a basic pack of fantasy, sci fi, or gothic adventurers would be VERY helpful.

Dont get me wrong there are a lot of options out there for folks looking for individual minis. I have actually quite buying these. I would much rather see a better bang for my buck by getting a set. The trick is to keep the price down. I refuse to spend $50 on a set of 5 minis like most of the minis wargames are these days.

You could even do unpainted plastic minis and make the cost even cheaper.
LordTentacle
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Great Rail Wars Reply with quote

Whatever happened to the Great Rail War boxes of mini's? As I recall, those were relatively inexpensive and included some fantastic figures.

I would also second, third, and morth the request for plastic, pre-printed minis. I don't paint and base minis. And while the Reaper figures are fantastic in the detail and theming, plastic is so much lighter, especially for traveling, (although I don't know what plastic costs relative to pewter). Smile

Fantasy Flight has a line of "investigators" for their Arkham Horror game -some of those might work for people.
mcargent
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know of an alternative to the Scurillian mini? I have a player who wants to play one, but doesn't want to buy a set of minis.
Amaril
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about minis for the characters presented in Super Powers Companion?
Fantasy Companion Loot Generator
Raise Calculator
Darq666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low Life! There is nothing anywhere like these. I would guess they would have appeal even to non-Low Life players who enjoy painting unique minis!

Due to their variety even by species, I could see at least two of each race.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horsies! Razz

Everyone makes all kinds of beautiful thoroughbred horses, but I would like to see an old swayback mare, or an undead horse that's not just a skeleton, or one sneakily filchin' a pistol outta someone's holster. Horses that have character and are characters!
Maybe a cow or two too...

In Silverado, Kevin Costner put a hat on his horse. The Dirtwater Fox had Blackjack. Mad Amos Malone had Worthless. The list goes on and on.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I'd like to have a figure of that nun marching forward rollin' up her sleeve...

SteveN
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snate56 wrote:
Horsies! Razz

Everyone makes all kinds of beautiful thoroughbred horses, but I would like to see an old swayback mare, or an undead horse that's not just a skeleton, or one sneakily filchin' a pistol outta someone's holster. Horses that have character and are characters!
Maybe a cow or two too...

SteveN

that reminds me the other day at a thrift store they had a damaged pack of Breyer "Stablemates" a line of 1/32 scale horses about right for a lot of rpg games

Snate56 wrote:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I'd like to have a figure of that nun marching forward rollin' up her sleeve...

SteveN

If you mean that one armed nun with a shotgun I see in DL:R in the chapter on the blessed?

She always reminds me of the fact there is a disportionate number of Russian nuns who have one arm AND were veterans of the Russian marines in WW2. They were sent in as untrained "Nurses" and kept tossing away there med bags and grabbing machines guns from the dead and getting into battle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: