Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Settings for Con Games or Local One-Shots?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Setting Do You Like Best?
Solomon Kane (Fight against an ancient evil in Puritan times)
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Steampunk (Alternate Earth, Victorian steampunk intrigue)
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
At the Earthís Core (Pulp adventures with weird science & dinosaurs)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Suckerpunch (Macho Girls with Guns & Swords)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Scooby Doo Cthulhu (ĎThose meddling kidsí in a Lovecraftian caper)
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Space 1889 (Victorian Sci Fi on Earth, Mars and Venus)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Firefly/Serenity (Original characters in Firefly setting)
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

Stan Shinn
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Favorite Settings for Con Games or Local One-Shots? Reply with quote

Iíve got several game settings Iím tossing around either to run as a one-shot locally in the Dallas area, with some settings potentially being an ongoing campaign either in the in Dallas area or maybe online using Google+ Hangouts.

Vote in my poll and let me know which settings you like best! Cool
Sadric
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Cons and one-shots I would look at solomone Kane.
"You are a pulp monsterhunter in the same time as the 3 musketeers, pirates and the first colonization/exploring of the other continents. Maybe youn know the books. There was even a movie."

is way better then:

"You live in a world where the mars is a dying planet, but you are a british explorer. 20 years ago some grazy steampunk inventor reached mars with his aetherships. There are fyling ships, powered by liftwood. There are a war between the british colony and a martian kingdom. And there are winged martain barbarians. And Lizardmen and dinos on venus. Mad cultist stalk the martain night. grazy inventors invent cool things....."

Smile
Other of your example look nice, too. machowomen with guns-I remember a rpg with the same name.

A other Con game I like is Necropolis, simply because military playing is something not every know. And in a 3 hour slot it is easy to have something like "hold this bridge!"
Rohan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the choices, I picked Scooby Doo Cthulhu because we have a few of those that we run, and frankly, they're awesome.

My first choice though is the Wellstone City setting, especially for new players. No add-ons, no arcane backgrounds, nothing weird to worry about...just straight, good ol' fashion shoot 'em up. Or cloak and dagger. Or political intrigue...or....

It's super easy to tailor to con games.

Having said that, those are some fun choices in that poll!

Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Silvergryphongames

Current WIP: Wellstone City Chronicles, Puppets, and One-liners
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadric wrote:
"You live in a world where the mars is a dying planet, but you are a british explorer. 20 years ago some grazy steampunk inventor reached mars with his aetherships. There are fyling ships, powered by liftwood. There are a war between the british colony and a martian kingdom. And there are winged martain barbarians. And Lizardmen and dinos on venus. Mad cultist stalk the martain night. grazy inventors invent cool things....."

Jeez, Sadric! Anything's better than that if you describe it that way! Surprised

I still prefer Space: 1889, though. I like the idea of traveling through space in wooden ships.

SteveN
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snate56 wrote:
Sadric wrote:

Jeez, Sadric! Anything's better than that if you describe it that way! Surprised

I still prefer Space: 1889, though. I like the idea of traveling through space in wooden ships.

SteveN

My Space 1889 Adventure would be un resistable, A Victorian league of extraordinary chicks, A barbarian half martian princess, a Confederate/Sien Finn Ironclad and martian lumber jacks
samuraicrab
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Suckerpunch. I just dig macho women with guns & swords.
Stan Shinn
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note, I'm trying to get a G+ online Solomon Kane game going:

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37745
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: