Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Destroy All Humans!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Destroy All Humans! Reply with quote

So I had the idea a while ago after playing the Playstation 2 video game Destroy All HUmans! to turn it into a miniature game. Well many playtests later and I finally ran this at Con of the North last weekend. It was a smashing success. The MIB verses the Furon empire down on the farm in 1957. I created about 8 possible objectives for each side and it was awesome to see aliens trying to probe cows and lifting haybails and whipping them at the MIB. The game ended with the MIB racign across the table in a 57 ford truck and taking out the last remaining Furon, Cryptosporidion. Here's a couple pictures of the days event.

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Destroy All Humans! Reply with quote

Trigger wrote:
So I had the idea a while ago after playing the Playstation 2 video game Destroy All HUmans! to turn it into a miniature game. Well many playtests later and I finally ran this at Con of the North last weekend.

Awesome setup! How many players were involved?

I'm intrigued by the "certificates" as well - a very nice-looking extra. I guess those were awarded based on objective points earned?
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It plays well with 4 players but can hold up to 8 players, 2 teams of 4 each. I was full with others waiting to join in if people did not show. The awards were for best MIB and Furon action on the field. The last Furon made a bold comeback by wielding haybails at the end which was deserving and the MIB was the one who bailed out of the truck at like Mach 5, tumbled perfectly (rolled like Agility 29!) and one shot one kill of the last Furon! It was a spectacular finish!
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking game! Thanks for sharing.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The miniatures and scenery look great! Do you have any tips on where you got the miniatures and scenery bits? The "men in black" remind me a bit of some Mark Copplestone "Future Wars" figures from way back, but I wouldn't bet anything on it.

The truck looks like a really nice fit: Do you happen to know where it came from, what the scale was, etc.? I have a hard time trying to find vehicles that seem to fit scale properly.

There are rarely any in local toy stores that seem to fit the bill - either way too large (1:24! 1:32!) or way too small (1:64, a la most Hot Wheels cars, which only really work if you're going with "true" 25mm minis, and even then they somehow seem a bit on the small side). It's one reason I resorted to making paper cars for my zombie campaign - but this truck looks MUCH nicer. Smile
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
The miniatures and scenery look great! Do you have any tips on where you got the miniatures and scenery bits? The "men in black" remind me a bit of some Mark Copplestone "Future Wars" figures from way back, but I wouldn't bet anything on it.

The truck looks like a really nice fit: Do you happen to know where it came from, what the scale was, etc.? I have a hard time trying to find vehicles that seem to fit scale properly.

There are rarely any in local toy stores that seem to fit the bill - either way too large (1:24! 1:32!) or way too small (1:64, a la most Hot Wheels cars, which only really work if you're going with "true" 25mm minis, and even then they somehow seem a bit on the small side). It's one reason I resorted to making paper cars for my zombie campaign - but this truck looks MUCH nicer. Smile

The MIB are in fact Copplestone MIB miniatures. Aliens were from Brigade Games. I got both the 57 ford truck and the Black (was baby blue until I took it apart and painted flat black) Chevy Nomad from Hub Hobbies here in MN. Just 1 of a zillian hobby stores.
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome! Thanks for the picks Laughing
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was asked to share the make-up of the MIB and Furons. I'll just throw up the PDF links so others can just print off and go. They will have the objectives of each faction as well.
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As requested, you can click on the pictured link below to download a free PDF of all the files I created to run your own Destroy All Humans! skirmish game. The file includes 1 flier, 2 awards to hand out when your done and all the player cards and faction objectives. You can print out the cards and laminate them which works very nice. The flier and awards also have a fillable date and time field you can type in and print out for your needs. Game On!

<click picture for all Game Aids>
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, thanks for sharing Trigger!
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our last and final day of the Winter session I run for teeneagers was something out of an action packed thriller movie! We played Destroy All Humans! again and this time there were some new faces on the field. The local police armed with shotguns were hanging out in the barn and decided to subdue both the Furons and MIB. For the first time in DAH! The Furons and MIB decided to work together to eliminate this new threat. It was classic. The game finally ended with a police sniper who positioned himself in the silo was about to unleash a barrage of lead when the last remaining MIB shot his shotgun which ignited the grain silo full of fertilizer and completely destroyed the barn and everything within 4 large burst templates. It was an epic finish to a very fun game. Here are some pics of the day's event.

Last edited by Trigger on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to better speed up the game and to be able to achieve most of the objectives, I created 2 vehicles for the MIB to use and 2 mini saucers for the Furons to use. Played this last weekend with the additions and the game took on a whole new feel as defense soon became the key to success as forces got to objectives faster. Here's a couple pics of the last gameplay.

Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great time playing DAH. I have to say one thing about this setup. No two games are EVER the same. We had saucers landing on cars and catching on fire. Vehicles rolling out of control and slamming into unsuspecting Furons. Flaming hay bales burning barns down. A very fun time.

warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks awesome!!!!
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warrenss2 wrote:
This looks awesome!!!!

Thanks. It is very fun. Had another session with a 3rd party invader and flaming cars flipping and crashing everywhere. Never get tired of this game as every time is always different.

Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another DAH day. Razz

doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question, What did you use to make the Hay Barrels? They look awesome and I could use them for my Old West stuff!
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is a little tutorial of what I did in starting to make my Hay Bales.

Cut 1.5" cylinders from wooden dowel.

Get a bag of Raffia and pull into groups long enough to wrap almost twice around each cylinder and. Coat cylinder with pva or wood glue and roll Raffia tightly around cylinder

Cut some long strips of paper and wind tightly around raffia cylinder and then tape closed. This will flatten and compress the Raffia around the cylinder.Wait to dry

When they are all dry, you can trim the edges down so only the round surface has Raffia glued to it.

Part 2 - Hay Bales

Trimming the Raffia on each side, twist wrap more Raffia on the ends in a spiral, glueing with wood glue. Hold for a bit and let dry. When almost dry, wrap a bunch of slugs together in a long row, smashing the Raffia slugs tightly together.

Let dry over night and unwrap your Hay Bales.

doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! And they are Bales not Barrels, gotta mental note that! Mr. Green
Trigger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another session of DAH! Added some rivers to the game which added quite a challenge to ford over them. Also played during a meteor shower with random X/Y pinpoints of destruction, leaving varying sizes of crators on the table. Took out the barn, silo, 2 cars and a couple minis. A very new and fun scenario.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: