Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

game set up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bellidonna
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: game set up. Reply with quote

]Hey all. I am trying to set up a game for my friends. Where I am the gm. This will be my first time being the gm but I have been playing rpg games for a while. If someone can help me set up a game in the savage worlds system then I will be totally great full. I am a huge newbie.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

What kind of game do you want to run? Fantasy, noir detectives, science fiction, horror, historical (age of piracy, Roman empire, and so forth), or something else?

What kind of game do your players want to play? Western, fantasy, science fiction, super heroes, or something else?

Which books do you have or have easy access to?

When would you like to start this campaign?

Savage worlds is an extremely flexible system, capable of running long-lived campaigns in almost any genre or style. So, you need to have a few ideas about what you want to do to get the most out of it. Or you can let your players spout a couple of ideas and mash them together (I once ran an adventure combining the ideas "little mermaid" and "space nazis"; it was lots of fun for everyone). Regardless, you've got to start somewhere.

Good luck, and I hope we can help.
The One
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest grabbing a couple of rulebooks, printing off the Combat Survival Guide for each player and then picking one of the more in-depth starter adventures from the Pinnacle Website

Such as Wizards and Warriors (traditional Fantasy)

Crime City - Modern criminal undertakings

Eye of Kilquato (1930's Pulp)

All three offer pre-generated characters, and a bit of setting information to go alongside the adventure and are the quickest way to introduce people to the system.
jcayer
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand's down, the best way to start is the Wild Hunt.
https://www.peginc.com/store/test-drive-savage-worlds-the-wild-hunt/

It's got the test drive rules, pre gens, a good story, and can be played in one night. This is what got my players hooked on SW.
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, do Wild Hunt, maybe a couple of one sheets for the players to learn SW (if needed) and for you to get a handle on running SW.

And to discuss what game you want long term

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/119241/Kaisers-Gate-Field-Manual-Mounts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: