Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gencon 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DHRDawg
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
This is my first Gencon, and I was really late in signing up for events. If I just show up to SSN with generic tickets in hand, what are the chances that I'll be able to get into something?

From what I understand you will have a good chance of gaming. They try to see to it that everyone gets a seat. And some GMs make extra characters like I do. My game is slated for 6 but I always make 2 extra.
Bryan
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw they posted an event on Saturday Night for people with generic tickets (Thanks!).
How are you guys doing for GMs to help run it?

First GenCon as a Savage Worlds fan and was bummed when Saturday Night events sold out so quickly. Was thinking of volunteering to run a table if needed.
gnomestress
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SO & I are registered for RPG1234364 Savage Saturday Night: Caravan of Troubles for SSN. It's our first GenCon and our first SSN. I can't wait!
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnome you are going to have a blast. I will say that SSN is a gaming experience like no other.

By the way I see you are in Chicago where does your group game?
gnomestress
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually game at various player's places. Our LGS is Games Plus though so we are there somewhat often. I put Chicago on there to simplify things but we're really suburbanites.
Xavier Onassiss
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there still time to submit a new event for SSN? I'm running Savage Worlds games Friday and Saturday afternoon, but after seeing how fast they filled up (I'm new to the SW community) I figure adding a 3rd session would be a good idea.
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was seriously considering a last-minute trip to GenCon this year, but then I started poking around and discovered that there are simply no more hotels within 5 miles of downtown (according to hotels.com and other sites)... As I would be flying in, a cab fare to and from the con every day would be pretty costly... Sigh.

Next year for sure!
nanoic
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Coon and Friends canceled Reply with quote

From GenCon Reg:
Quote:
RPG1229825 Savage Saturday Night - Who Watches Coon and Friends has been canceled.

The event organizer has had a family emergency come up and will not be able to run the event.

Any chance of someone hosting a replacement game or making room for the ticket holders?
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogma wrote:
Was seriously considering a last-minute trip to GenCon this year, but then I started poking around and discovered that there are simply no more hotels within 5 miles of downtown (according to hotels.com and other sites)... As I would be flying in, a cab fare to and from the con every day would be pretty costly... Sigh.

Historically, I find the week or two before a huge convention to be a great time to get rooms as people are cancelling out and trying not to get charged for that first night.

And if you consider the cost of a cab in and out each day versus the cost of parking each day, you might be surprised how competitive that can be. Also, a number of out-of-downtown hotels have shuttle service to downtown.

Wow. All this positivity is really wearing me out. I'm not used to it. Confused
Xavier Onassiss
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Coon and Friends canceled Reply with quote

nanoic wrote:
From GenCon Reg:
Quote:
RPG1229825 Savage Saturday Night - Who Watches Coon and Friends has been canceled.

The event organizer has had a family emergency come up and will not be able to run the event.

Any chance of someone hosting a replacement game or making room for the ticket holders?

I've got a game that's already filled up twice over (Fri 1-5pm & Sat 1-5pm) and I've been thinking of running it a 3rd time at Savage Saturday Night if I could find room.

How do I go about setting this up?

Details on the event are here:

http://www.highprogrammer.com/gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-indy-2012.cgi/event/RPG1233321

Note: although only 5 slots for players are listed, I have a sixth character in reserve for an extra player, and I'll probably be adding a seventh, so I can seat two more per event with generic tickets.
Chaos Steve
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier wrote:
...I've been thinking of running it a 3rd time at Savage Saturday Night if I could find room.

How do I go about setting this up?

If you're interested in being an alternate GM for SSN, PM me. As an alternate, we might use your game to replace any last minute cancellations or to handle overflow players.

Thanks!

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.
-- Albert Einstein
zamboni
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am super excited! I have 6 PC's created for my SSN game. Should I make more in case there are players in need of a table?
Chaos Steve
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zamboni wrote:
Should I make more in case there are players in need of a table?

That's up to you. Even though I don't like to run with more than 6 players, I always have an extra character or two—probably because they are so fun to make up. We'll try to keep it at 6 players, if at all possible.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.
-- Albert Einstein
zamboni
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks Steve. I also got your email and will be there at 7:15 on Saturday night. I can't wait!
FickleGM
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these years, I'll have to set aside time to finally attend SSN. Unfortunately, I have plans from 8-12 Saturday night...running a Savage Worlds one-shot...with hard liquor involved. At least we'll all be enjoying Savage Worlds!
Xavier Onassiss
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FickleGM wrote:
One of these years, I'll have to set aside time to finally attend SSN. Unfortunately, I have plans from 8-12 Saturday night...running a Savage Worlds one-shot...with hard liquor involved. At least we'll all be enjoying Savage Worlds!

I'd think if there's hard liquor, it would involve more than just "one shot."
FickleGM
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Onassiss wrote:
FickleGM wrote:

I'd think if there's hard liquor, it would involve more than just "one shot."

Oh, it will. The hard liquor crew has had many fun adventures (both with and without drinking). Smile
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Coon and Friends canceled Reply with quote

nanoic wrote:
From GenCon Reg:
Quote:

A friend of mine has 2 tickets for this event, will he be able to convert them to Generics to be used for SSN or will he be slotted into a specific event? I ask because were are still trying to consolidate 6 of us to Pocket of Black Powder and while we have 4 already, we are hoping to get two more into that table.
Chaos Steve
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyseerco wrote:
A friend of mine has 2 tickets for this event, will he be able to convert them to Generics to be used for SSN or will he be slotted into a specific event?

Yes, he can use those tickets as generics for SSN.

-- Albert Einstein
Christina Stiles
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing my Savage Friends at the show--my first GenCon EVER!!!! Woohoo! I'll be running my mouth at several seminars, if anyone's interested.

You guys should totally bombard Wolfgang Baur at the show and tell him you'd like to see some Savage Worlds in Kobold Quarterly. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: