Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troop Builder Spreadsheet missing Parry in Raw Cost Formula?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KhyberJoe
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Troop Builder Spreadsheet missing Parry in Raw Cost Formula? Reply with quote

The Raw Cost formula in Troop Builder spreadsheet seems to be missing the Parry stat. What is the reason for that?

Last edited by KhyberJoe on Tue May 15, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
KhyberJoe
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Troop Builder Spreadsheet missing Parry in Raw Cost Formula? Reply with quote

Same goes for Toughness?
CaptainRumm
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Troop Builder Spreadsheet missing Parry in Raw Cost Form Reply with quote

KhyberJoe wrote:
The Raw Cost formula in Troop Builder spreadsheet seems to be missing the Parry stat. What is the reason for that?

I'm not an expert, but I believe Parry and Toughness were omitted because the are both derived stats. Meaning they come directly from other stats that are included. Hope that helps.
KhyberJoe
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Troop Builder Spreadsheet missing Parry in Raw Cost Form Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not an expert, but I believe Parry and Toughness were omitted because the are both derived stats. Meaning they come directly from other stats that are included. Hope that helps.

Thanks, but on page 6 of the Showdown rules Pace is listed as a Derived Stat with Parry and Toughness, but Pace is included in the Raw Cost Formula.
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parry and Toughness are not listed because they are directly calculated from other Traits for the figure (Fighting and Vigor), plus any relevant Edges, Hindrances, and/or Special Abilities.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Goff wrote:
Parry and Toughness are not listed because they are directly calculated from other Traits for the figure (Fighting and Vigor), plus any relevant Edges, Hindrances, and/or Special Abilities.

By contrast, while Pace is "derived", it is not derived from any other paid-for ability - it is six unless modified by edges, hindrances, or special abilities.
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct. The wording is perhaps a little confusing for Showdown costing purposes, but it is a port from the Savage Worlds rules.
KhyberJoe
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Goff wrote:
That's correct. The wording is perhaps a little confusing for Showdown costing purposes, but it is a port from the Savage Worlds rules.

Alright, thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: