Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Androids in HoE Reloaded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tequila Jones
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Androids in HoE Reloaded Reply with quote

The title says it all:)

Does anybody know whether they're going to be included? I think they semeed like one o the few alternatives to playing "the usual folk who learned how to do something" but instead had the feeling of being something totally different (the others being Harrowed / Cyborgs, Werewolves Vampires and Anouks). I really count for them being avaiailable and possessing similar powers as in the "Hoe list of powers" document that has already vanished from the web.

Any news on them?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When were androids in Hell on Earth? I don't remember them being in any of the books. Unless they were in Monsters, Muties, and Misfits (I'm always forgetting about stuff in those books).
Demonicuss Krinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Androids were going to be in a splat that ended up being shelved - from what I recall, the HoE androids were Tech Spirits who created bodies for themselves (or got bodies built for them by junkers, or took over whatever was nearby, etc.) and adventured the world because, for a Tech Spirit, the real world was Mysterious, Dangerous, and Neat to explore.

As for them being in HoE, I figure for now, since the official rules aren't here yet and for anyone who's home-porting them, tweaking the Android race in SW:D should work for the moment.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No androids, sorry.

www.peginc.com
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if he plays one of the android bar room steward's off the Unity

"hello my name is C3BO, I am an expert in human cyborg cocktail relations. I know over six million beverage formulas."
Teller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not unless Shane did some major crazy editing of the manuscript.
Zombi Bobb
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=223216&sid=c24962ea2833efb3a3ada22cf2fac104

This thread has stuff about Androids for Classic.

It was only ever fan stuff. As the thread mentions someone else had written up a fan book a few years back, but I can no longer find it myself.
Tequila Jones
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zombi Bobb"]http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=223216&sid=c24962ea2833efb3a3ada22cf2fac104

This thread has stuff about Androids for Classic.

It was only ever fan stuff. As the thread mentions someone else had written up a fan book a few years back, but I can no longer find it myself.[/quote]

That came as a great surprise to me. Always thought that "Synthetic Soldiers" was an official book cancelled just before printing.

Otherwise, I wouldn't go around asking Clint and Cutter whether they're planning to add the fan made stuff:)

Thanks a lot!
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Joseph Fanning Clones & Androids fan book I mentioned in that thread isn't the greatest (what 'net book' is, my own included), but he put a lot of work into it and I like it. For anyone interested here is the pdf.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
AtomicSamuraiCyborg
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not just a fan creation.

The Junkman Cometh has rules for creating a full on android, with AI, and everything. It would be hideously expensive and complicated to build, but it can be done.

Off the top of my head, you would need AI (duh), Commo (so it can communicate), Sensors (a whole mess of them to replicate human senses!), Locomotion, Super Strength, Quickness, Deftness. I would also say you would need a Reactor to power it all. And tons of Miniaturization to fit it all in.

Can Reactors be Miniaturized?
rungok
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not that I'm aware of, though with Errata they're a lot smaller than they were just out of Junkman Cometh.

I actually had a junker who specialized in making android type machines. The first was a Cyber-Horse for a gunslinger who had ended up coming to the future from the weird west. It was good practice, and I didn't have to worry too hard on fitting everything.

My next project was making a person. I needed the following powers:
A.I.
Brains.
Agility
Locomotion.
Quickness.
Deftness.
Superstrength.
Commo.
Sensors.
Armor.

In order to make all these fit and work. I had to save up a LOT of chips, gain high level browser spirits, and Also had three very important tool tricks:
Finish.
Miniaturize.
Flow.

Having raised my Occult Engineering to 8D12 helped out a lot, with rank 5 browser spirits to help with the crafting rolls. And it took a lot of time. I had to get at least 2-3 raises per component, and then I needed to immediately use miniaturize and get at least 2-3 raises, and then immediately use Flow and get 2-3 raises. If any of these stages failed, I had to scrap the work I made and start over. (thankfully, I only had to do that a few times, yay having chips to spend on rolls)

I had to do this so that I could raise the stability to 20 or higher and still reduce the drain of those systems to 0. Our gaming group understood the rules as that if you reduce the drain to 0, the system became self sufficient. So I had to make the entire thing self sufficient, so I only had to turn it on (and risk malfunction) once.

I was able to make a size 6 android that looked almost entirely human. Used finish to make the overall product look human, even went to far as to learn the biomechanics power so I could make a fake skin and hair for the body (and I had to make room for that too...) So in essence the character had made someone that looked and could be human. With A.I. smarts, and Brains containing almost all of his collected knowledge, the android was pretty damn spiffy.

Why? It was partly because he knew he could. It was also mostly because his daughter and wife had been in europe when the last war happened, and he had assumed them dead. He had a yearnin' to reunite with his family, and he ended up building a surrogate 'daughter'. The tech spirit who was the A.I. knew better, but was sweet enough that she didn't try to disabuse him of the notion. After all, it helped soothe his mind. It's what she was made to do, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: