Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Status markers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Status markers Reply with quote

Just stumbled across this (facebook link, actually)

http://www.aleatools.com/default.asp

could be used to indicate shaken, prone, wounds, tricked, etc.

might be worth seeing if they'd do Savage Worlds edge marks.
Caveman
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of the original Alea magnetic markers that I bought years ago and have used them a lot in my games. The issue with the set that I have is that the type of magnet in the disc tend to cause them to jump around the table on their own every so often, but they are incredibly helpful with keeping track of a character's status and make it easy for everyone to see the current situation. If they would do a set of marked discs for SW I would probably have to pick it up...
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer versions use a smaller, neodymium magnet, instead of the larger disc ones. This means that the markers are less likely to snap together when put next to one another.

However, it also means that they're less useful for when you want to use fender washers for basing. Sad
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version have smaller, stronger magnets in the center ... they work better than the old ones. For cons, I have thin metal disks stuck on the bottom of my miniatures (some use fender washers). I first saw Loremaster using them. Smile

I use the white for shaken, yellow for a wound, orange for two wounds and red for three wounds. I have other colors as well, though I don't use them for anything specific ... well, maybe shades of blue for fatigue.

For a lot less, I have seen people use small rings made from pipe cleaners, with colors.

Note also that Litko also has Savage Worlds status markers.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone to my local crafts store (JoAnn Fabrics, locally) and picked up a bunch of "rings" from the wedding crafts section. They're usually available in "gold," and sometimes in silver. I can just hang the ring on a figure's head or upraised arm/sword/etc., to represent Shaken status. I've been thinking of spray-painting a few different colors for other status markers (such as being on fire, for instance).
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using small colored hair bands for years. They come is many colors, are super cheap, and you can hang them around minis very easily.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the colored hair bands or pipe cleaner rings are a very inexpensive options that works well.

A key thing (my opinion, anyway) is something that attaches to the miniature, be it a ring or a magnet. That way everything all stays together when the miniature is moved. When I first started GM'ing Savage Worlds I used small marker "stones" with each stone indicating wound level. That was a pain, as the markers took up space and were a pain when the mini moved. My short term solution was to give them to the player instead ... until I saw the Alea magnetic markers Loremaster was using. I picked up some myself. I saw the pipe cleaner rings later on, but already had the magnetic markers, so I continue to use them.
Yuri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use disks that I made from Sculptie for my counters.... I have a few conditions monitors too... -2 Parry, +2 Parry, Fatigue and such

Y
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: