Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spiral bound for Gen Con bound?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Spiral bound for Gen Con bound? Reply with quote

Will there be copies of the new SWDEx available as spiral bound at the studio 2/ peginc booth at gen con this year? If so, I know I would love to get 2.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but no. The few Explorer's Editions we had as spiral bound copies were a special case. Practically, it's easier to warehouse and ship angry porcupines that spiral bound books.

There are numerous threads about folks who intentionally have their Explorer's Edition books cut, drilled, and spiral bound as a matter of choice and habit, usually at a Kinko's, UPS Store, or similar local or chain office services outfit. They make it sound very easy to have done if you're interested.
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply, I will stop by kinkos when I get home and have it bound. See you there.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got Kinko's and Staples and Office Max and Office Depot and all that other whatnottery in your town, reports show that shopping around can get you some very different prices. Be sure they know you need it cut first, then punched, then spiral bound, and it's a 6.5" x 9" book.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
Practically, it's easier to warehouse and ship angry porcupines that spiral bound books.

Good to know. I had no idea, since my experience with spiral bound books has been limited to a small scale.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask them to use a coil 1/2 inch to 3/4 wider than normal, that make room to add a front and back cover of saddle leather
The GIT!
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
jpk wrote:
Practically, it's easier to warehouse and ship angry porcupines that spiral bound books.

Good to know. I had no idea, since my experience with spiral bound books has been limited to a small scale.

I'm more concerned about the possibility that jpk knows what it's like to try to warehouse and ship angry porcupines #1eek13
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GIT! wrote:
I'm more concerned about the possibility that jpk knows what it's like to try to warehouse and ship angry porcupines #1eek13

That part doesn't surprise me at all.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GIT! wrote:

To be honest, I extrapolated from experience with hedgehogs. Now that I say that, I don't know that it helps...
The GIT!
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
The GIT! wrote:

To be honest, I extrapolated from experience with hedgehogs. Now that I say that, I don't know that it helps...

There comes a time when it's probably just best to say nothing... Razz
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
The GIT! wrote:

Huh. I guess that makes sense. But hedgehogs are ornery creatures, were porcupines are (relatively) laid back. Their prickliness is rarely metaphorical; though I suppose being warehoused might change that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: