Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shaintar at Gen Con 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Shaintar at Gen Con 2012 Reply with quote

Shaintar Fans going to Gen Con - there WILL be pick-up games at the show, and I've arranged to post all relevant information with the fantastic folks at the Studio 2 Publishing Booth, your official Savage Worlds HQ for Gen Con. Booth # 415/419

Bad Dog. Good Games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Savage Mommy
Savage Mommy!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news. I hope I can make one of the games.
http://groupspaces.com/RockyMountainSavages/

Smiling Jack's Bar and Grill
http://p5productions.com/sjbg/
Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I will have 25-point Pregens, but if you want to make your own, well - 25 points, based on the new Players Guide. If you have an existing character, I encourage you to make sure he/she is updated with the info in that book.

Bad Dog. Good Games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, we weren't going to make it to Gen Con, and my dear friend, Norman Hensley, was going to step up and run a scenario entitled "Darkest Hour." Proposed and logged into the system, this is what he had -

"The 'Thirteenth Hour' of the night carries with it dark power and mystical importance. Why are villagers going missing? What ancient evil has awoken? Can the heroes stop it before the Darkest Hour?"

When I discovered I'd be there after all, he gladly asked me to take over his slot. I determined to run based on what he had, so here's the full description of the Darkest Hour scenario, debuting at Gen Con 2012 -

The town of Jordin has a problem. It began four nights ago, with the disappearance of Rory Hunsacker and Paul Lorrit, two farmhands that work the Ambrose farm. They'd been drinking – rather excessively – and were on their way back to the farm from the local tavern. Their disappearance was chalked up to wild animals or roaming bandits, and while the local constables kept up the search all day, nothing came up.

Three nights ago, Tamera Finley ran into town, screaming and scratched up. She claimed that “something huge” was chasing her through the woods into the town. With torches and what weapons that could be gathered, a group went out to see what was there... and found nothing. The next morning, very large tracks were found where something huge and heavy had stalked near the town.

Folks were put on alert, encouraged not to be out at night. Word was sent, asking for Rangers to please come help as soon as possible.

Two nights ago, the Mandel farm was atttacked. The only survivor is 7-year old Quincy Mandel, and she is severely traumatized. She barely speaks or eats, and when she does say anything, it's whispers of “the Eaters.” Every animal on the farm was butchered and partially eaten, but all eight of the other residents are missing. Tracks lead off into the darkest part of the forest, and frankly, no one is brave enough to go in to follow them.

Yesterday, every other farmstead, forester cottage, and other outlying residence was evacuated, with the refugees moved into the town and put wherever a bed could be made for them. Last night, shadows and shapes were reported all around the town, while bonfires lit up the night in an effort to drive off whatever is out there.

The Rangers arrive today, and it's a good thing, too.

For tonight is the night when two of the three moons of Shaintar are full in the sky, and the Thirteenth Hour is a time of terrible power for what lies in the Dark...

Bad Dog. Good Games.
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Sean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: