Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modeling tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Modeling tools Reply with quote

Let us talk about common tools we use when working with models, minis, Terrain and Set pieces

#2 Larger version of #11 blade, designed for use with #2 or #5 knives. Sharp angle for precision cutting of medium to heavy-weight materials. Available for bulk purchase or in a safety dispenser package.

#10 For general cutting, carving, correcting stencils. Fits #1 and X2000 knives.

#11 Extremely sharp point for fine angle cutting and stripping. Fits #1 and X2000 knives. Stainless steel. Also available for bulk purchase in carbonized steel or in a safety dispenser package.

#11 Modified Similar to #11 blade, but with a broader top for a stronger, more flexible point.

#12 Mini blade for cutting and carving. Fits #1 and X2000 knives.

#15 Keyhole blade for interior cuts on soft wood, foam, and plastic. Fits #2 and #5 knives.

#16 For stenciling, scoring, etching. Fits #1 and X2000 knives. Available for bulk purchase or in a safety dispenser package.

#17 Lightweight chiseling blade. Fits #1 and X2000 knives.

#18 1/2" chisel for deep cross cuts and paint scraping. Fits #2 and #5 knives.

#22 For general shaping, whittling, trimming. Fits #2 and #5 knives.

#23 Double-edge for close quarter, angled corners, stripping. Fits #2 and #5 knives.

#24 Close corner cuts for templates, mats, deburring, and trimming. Fits #2 and #5 knives. Available for bulk purchase.

#25 General carving, whittling, heavy cutting. Fits #2 and #5 knives.

#26 Carving blade for whittling and general woodcarving. Fits #2 or #5 knives.

#28 Hooked for curved shaping, whittling, leather carving, lino cutting, etc. Fits #2 and #5 knives.
Neal5x5
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting this up. I usually only have a #1 or a #11 handy and make due. I always wondered what the others ones were for and now I know why I should have bought them.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently used up the last of my medical blades i got when i worked at the hospital, every time a case of blades was dropped and spilled on the floor of the store room I got them, they were mostly the 10 and 11 the same as Xacto then the larger sizes of the same shapes they called the 20 and 21

Now I want to see what king of knife Jordon Peacosk is using I pet it is all Titanium with the reaper logo and skulls
JDSampo
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 & 2 for me. I have a bunch of the other blades but they've been sitting in a box unused for years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: