Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Three Sages Games] The Beast That Waits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura_Rebin
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: [Three Sages Games] The Beast That Waits Reply with quote

We are happy to officially join the Savage Worlds community (as Three Sages Games) by Savaging our product The Beast That Waits.

For anyone who doesn't know, Three Sages Games is run by Sarah Lyon, Curtis Lyon, and I.

~Heidi
gryffon2
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Smile

I am new to SW myself and honestly have not heard of The Beast that Waits. My apologies, I guess one cannot know everything. Wink Could you tell me a bit about The Beast That Waits?
Sakura_Rebin
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's perfectly alright. The Beast That Waits is a setting we currently have out for Swords & Wizardry and we'll be converting it to Savage Worlds. The Beast That Waits is in the Middle Kingdoms of our setting Alia-Wor (sometimes also referred to as the Realms of Wor).

The module itself is set in the small village of Graven that has many different problems currently going on: the Baron hasn't come down from his keep in three years and since then bandits (and some things even worse) have started attacking people on the road. People are also disappearing along the river. On top of this, the mine (which was the primary source of interest in the town due to the iron and durin found there) has become unsafe due to a recent earthquake. And to make things even worse- something has been killing villagers and miners in the night.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/134360/The-Beast-That-Waits--Swords-and-Wizardry-Edition?term=The+Beast+That+Waits

~Heidi
gryffon2
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Nice setting, could keep things rolling there for quite awhile.

Like it Smile
Sakura_Rebin
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I like about it, too. Plus, there are a lot of interesting characters in town to role-play with.

Also, the idea is that you pretty much enter to the town one way but after that you can spread out and tackle whatever you want (though some areas are easier than others). All of the players can have different motives depending on their background which also determines which area they tackle first.

And, out of curiosity, what Savage Worlds settings have you played at this point?
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird thing. When I read the title of this thread, my (not fully wake) brain interpreted it as Three Stooges Games.
gryffon2
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting Duck wrote:
Weird thing. When I read the title of this thread, my (not fully wake) brain interpreted it as Three Stooges Games.

LOL I would be interested in such a game as my current group of players is 3 guys that I think might just fit just such a style of characters. Razz
Wolfson1963
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there might be some licensing issues there, but you never know. Very Happy

Actually, Three Sages Games has been around for nine years or so, but we bought the company not quite two years ago. The first year was largely spent cleaning things up in-house, and we've begun producing new material this year.

Some of you might be familiar with Sarah and my work as freelancers for Gun Metal Games (Interface Zero and Interface Zero 2.0), Mystical Throne Entertainment (several issues of Savage Insider and Savage Insider Premium), and Savage Mojo (Noir Knights, Caledon Falls, Shanghai Vampocalypse, and Millennium Knights). At least those are some of the more visible projects... You can find a full listing on our Facebook 'fan' page ("Curtis and Sarah Lyon")

We've had several Savage Worlds settings in mind for a while now, but when we bought Three Sages Games, it came with several IPs attached, including the fantasy world of Alia-Wor... We figured since we bought it, we might as well use it.

Previous "Realms of Wor" products either focused on the entire world (a place roughly the same size as our own planet), or in no particular place at all. We decided to zoom in on a particular area (about the size of the American southwest) and build from there.

The Beast That Waits is designed as a low-level adventure (meaning we'll be keeping Novice-Ranked characters in mind for conversion purposes), and is in many ways similar to classic Plot Point Campaigns in that there is a major plot thread to deal with, but the characters are free to run around the environment as they wish, and deal with any other minor adventures at their whim. The GM doesn't need to push characters in any particular direction, and it's up to the players as to how and when they choose to deal with any particular problem or threat.

We've had a lot of good games using the Swords & Wizardry engine, but we're looking forward to bringing the story to Savage Worlds. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: