Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:54 pm Post subject: [Iron Dynasty] What are in the Guidebooks?
Iron Dynasty is a pretty awesome setting, kind of a steampunk L5R. However, I always wondered what was in the Guidebooks, since there are no previews of them. Any new edges or hindrances? New monsters? What secrets do they hold?
The Guidebooks are a country-specific resource, 30-40 pages long, which includes the following information:
- History of the Province
- Social Hierarchy, Laws, Education System (if any), Religious Views
- An overview of the military
- Geography, Travel to/from/inside the Province
- Important Geographic Features
- Settlements of Note, Factions, Important People
- Random Encounter Generator
- A collection of people and creatures
In speaking with various Sensei (GMs) I have found those last two are the favorite features of the Guidebooks. While they have a good amount of material, the ability to generate random encounters specific to a province and have stats for local citizenry, military units, and monsters is very nice.
HTH. _________________ Iron Dynasty Line Developer
Mostly Official Reality Blurs Answer Monkey
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum