Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I play Showdown with only the SW core rules?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armandrik
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Can I play Showdown with only the SW core rules? Reply with quote

It must be a stupid question but I have to ask since I'm new to SW rpg and SHowdown. Could I use the SW rpg character creation system and play a showdown game?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More or less. But why? The Showdown rules are free. At the low price of nothing, you get a whole lot of something to play with.

Link, in case you hadn't found it (it took me some months to find the danged thing, and I hope I'm not the only one): http://www.peginc.com/shop/savage-worlds-showdown/
Armandrik
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the link. I just noticed that their is some things that is in the SHOWDOWN rule that doesn't fit right ... like no STEALTH (but the woodsman Edge ... or the WIzard edge but no cost in the spellcasting or the POWER SURGE where their is no POWER POINT). I'm new to the system..so It must be me ...I must interprete wrongly the rules ...That'S why I need help...Smile
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Showdown rules modify some of those edges (Power Surge works very differently in Showdown).
Stealth is a Scenario rule, and Woodsman is very useful in those Scenarios; in other scenarios it is pretty useless.
Wizard is ... useless, and I'm not sure why it's listed. Probably a carry-over from something earlier, and has never been corrected.

Quick and Dirty Stealth rules (that I just made up):
If a unit is in Stealth then any enemy unit that gets within 12" can make a Smarts roll to detect them. These rolls take a penalty equal to the hidden unit's Stealth Bonuses. Success detects the enemy presence, a raise allows them to relay that information to their entire army (ending the Stealth).
Units can only enter Stealth during the set-up for a battle.
Units attacking from Stealth get a +4 to their attack and damage rolls.

Good luck! And have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: