Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expended Sword Fighting Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyrdhamster
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Expended Sword Fighting Rules Reply with quote

So my older brother want to join our Deadlands game with Japan samurai character. I find it interesting so we try to make character, but in DLR are only extra rules and Edges for the kung-fu characters, not katana wielders. We got idea that character would use Arcane Backgorund(Chi) for "special effects" if brother would decid it, but we would love to see some better rules and Edges for sword fighting, especially katana style.
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont recall any swoed fighting edges accept in either 50Fathoms or Pirates of the Spanish main, i forget which, and I believe they are more like schools of sword fighting. What exactly are you looking for?
wyrdhamster
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cool katana manuvers/cuts. Wink Really, something like Edge tree, like the "Kung-Fu Adept" and "Kung-Fu Master" in Deadlands: Reloaded. Or like the things you got in Legend of Five Rings, only smaller and Savaged, of course. Cool

Last edited by wyrdhamster on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ringer
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for cool sword edges, check out iron dynasty by reality blurs. i think it will have what you are looking for.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyrdhamster wrote:
Some cool katana manuvers/cuts. Wink Really, something like Edge tree, like the "Kung-Fu Adept" and "Kung-Fu Master" in Deadlands: Reloaded.

Not exactly sure what those Edges are actually supposed to be since I don't recall any with those names, but why not simply use the existing Edges in Deadlands and switch out "when unarmed" for "when using katana."

Most of them would work the same. The only exceptions would be ones that increase unarmed damage, and those could be switched out for "adds AP2" or "increases katana damage one die type."

And I'm sure it's obvious, but use the katana damage from Reloaded (listed under an NPC in the Marshal book) not the core rulebook.

www.peginc.com
Gammon23
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should look into Iron Dynasty for ideas.
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ditto a few others here in recommending Iron Dynasty. It's gives you the edges Power Moves, Signature Moves, Weapon Focus, Lunge, Nimble Strike, Ninja Strike, Ni-Ten and Scabbard Block to name just some a few. Definitely worth investing in if you want great fighting styles for a Katana wielder.
Gammon23
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also All for One Regime Diabolique has extensive rules for different schools of fencing.
Captain_Sabatini
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virgobrown72 wrote:
I dont recall any swoed fighting edges accept in either 50Fathoms or Pirates of the Spanish main, i forget which, and I believe they are more like schools of sword fighting. What exactly are you looking for?

If you are sure it is one of those then it must be PotSM. I only know of two fencing schools in 50F and both of those you buy with gold, not an advance. And I think I heard something about sword fighting schools in PotSM. I want those to run in a 50F game but I don't have enough spare cash just lying around to buy that book just to take that one bit out.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Sabatini wrote:
And I think I heard something about sword fighting schools in PotSM. I want those to run in a 50F game but I don't have enough spare cash just lying around to buy that book just to take that one bit out.

There's a freebie one in the PEG downloads for PotSM, which gives you a good idea of how they work. Link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: