Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Game Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonDeadite
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Random Game Event Reply with quote

So I'm running a 50F game and having a blast with it. I've got a great group of gamers, all of which have been playing for years and years, two of which have been gaming longer than I've been alive (one being the owner of the game store we play at). This is the first time we've played using the Savage Worlds system and we're already working on two other games to begin when 50F finishes up.

I wanted to share one story from our sessions though and see if anyone else had any stories like this.

One day while looking over my Facebook feed I saw an art piece someone has posted and decided I REALLY like the image of it and wanted to include it in the game, just for fun! So while the party was on the way to the Volcano in Torath-Ka to collect some lava they happened upon a cave with a steel door baring the way. With a little bit of force they were able to open the door and within a small cave see a small garden with flowers in the corners, a bookshelf to one side, and a massive egg in the center. Most astounding of all was the little mechanical man with wheels on his feet rolling around with a can watering the flowers and the egg.

That's it. Nothing evil or sinister. They walked around a bit, the robot just watched them. It didn't attack them, they didn't attack it. When they stepped out of the cave it clicked in irritation and closed the door behind them. Just something small and cute... but holy crap do they keep talking about that small cave! They keep trying to figure out what it means, what they can do with it, how it has a bearing on the main game, and I just sit at the head of the table, smiling and laughing on the inside.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
And in the years to come they will keep comming back to this episode thinking for certain that they missed something...

Of course you always could expand upon it and turn it into a fully fledged adventure!

SteveN
The Angle
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like throwing the unexpected at players, and I love it when a GM tosses some at me. For me, the thrill of discovery is what RPGs are really about. Stumbling onto something completely unexpected like this is far more exciting than finding another bunch of ugaks or pirates to knock over with handfuls of dice. Well done.

Steve
Lysander
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice red herring...

The only story I have that sort of relates involves a fountain. We came across a beautiful fountain on adventure #1 in an old forest on our way to kill some goblins and what not. We spent a while trying to determine what the awesome fountain sitting in the middle of a forest was all about (and the delay allowed the goblins to do more damage...). We finally left it and proceeded to finish off the goblin killing quest...

Fast forward to level 15, we have to find the 'Holy Font' of some passed on saint from hundreds of years ago to cleanse the Jacinth of Inestimable Beauty (yes, the old D&D artifact..) which had been coated in demonic blood (long, gory story...). Guess where the font was... yep... goblin forest...

It was a nice bit of continuity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you happy you bunch of vandals didn't wreck it while you were there?

SteveN
DragonDeadite
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that after the big finale they'll see a dragon flying through the sky with a robot riding it in pure glee. Very Happy Haven't decided yet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: