Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird Science always fails on a one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nareau
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Weird Science always fails on a one Reply with quote

As near as I can tell, Weird Science is the only arcane background that always fails when the casting die turns up a 1. The others may have nasty side-effects, but if your wild-die rolls a 4, at least the power succeeds. Am I reading that right? What was the thinking that went into this design decision? Would it be game-breaking to let the Weird Science effect occur if the casting die is a 1, but the wild die is a 4?
Maine
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Weird Science always fails on a one Reply with quote

It probably has to do with the fact that Weird Science items can be shared, can use a common skill rather than a special AB-specific skill, and each power taken increases the total available PP. I.e, if you have have one power and 10 PP, you create one device with 10 PP. You then take a 2nd power, you now have 2 devices with 10 PP each. Take a 3rd power, that's 3 devices with 10 PP each. These devices can be used personally and/or shared with the group.

Compare to AB: Magic, where the same 3 powers share the 10 PP pool, require you to invest in an additional skill, and cannot be lent to other characters.

With Weird Science the device simply breaks and ceases to function until repaired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: