Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWEX chase rules (not deluxe ed) and cap on bennies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pfunk007
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: SWEX chase rules (not deluxe ed) and cap on bennies Reply with quote

I was planning to run a pulp campaign usins some of the Daring Tales and Thrilling Tales rules. These scenarios assume you are using the pre-SW deluxe chase rules, and I only have a copy of the Deluxe chase rules. Are the prior chase rules available on line anywhere?

Also, I asked on the official thread, but I was wondering if there was meant to be a cap on the maximum number of bennies a player could have in play? With the pulp rules, I expect there will be a lot of bennies, I just wasn't sure if a player could keep more than 3 duing play.
Pfunk007
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, I'm looking for a summary of the old chase rules or a detailed example. I have SW:Deluxe and it seems like there were some significant changes to the chase rules and I can't figure out how the old rules were supposed to work. There are a lot of chases in the DTA scenarios which I can't figure out how to run with the new, deluxe chase rules.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennies: No cap. A player can have 10 of them and one round later have 0. They can flow like water and are generally best when they do.

Explorer's Chases (Summary):
Ten "increments" each representing some physical distance. First one to increment 10 makes it to the goal. For a pure chase, anyone more than 10 increments from the target is out of the chase.
Make a control roll (Driving, Agility, or whatever fits the vehicle) and you can adjust position by 1 increment for a success or 2 for a raise.
Use of the "Push" maneuver can increase the number of increments (-2 on the control roll for +1 increment, -4 for +2 increments).
Characters can also interact with each other (ranged attacks, melee attacks if at the same increment, force maneuvers, tricks, tests of will, or anything else that makes some sense and that the GM allows).
Complications (including collisions) happen on clubs.

And welcome to the forums. Smile #gunbattle
Pfunk007
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Valhalla and for the welcome. I think I can piece together the old chases now, and may try to incorporate some of the SWD rules.

We'll have 3 generations of players in our family participating. First RPG for most of them, and everyone is pretty excited. :)

Currently, we're picking out Reaper minis for the heroes and some Matchbox Model of Yesteryear cars to trick out our game. I will probably use paper flats for the bad guys, and am looking around for some tiles for terrain to use with my game mat.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a grand time. I hope it works out well. Very Happy
Pfunk007
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A follow-up quesiton on the old chase rules. In the SWD rules, only the driver/pilot draws an initiative card, and passengers act on the same card, assuming they have advantage. Do passengers draw their own intiative cards under the SWEX rules? Since they are more likely to interact with each other, seems that could be the case.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with your intuition on that one. Wink
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done chases where the passangers drew thier own initiative. Big fat fun was had by all!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: