Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone seen my Capital Ship? I know it was right here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volt875
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Has anyone seen my Capital Ship? I know it was right here. Reply with quote

Hi all, I was just wondering if there was a Deluxe verison of the capital ship rules or if the ones from SWEX should still work fine.

Last edited by Volt875 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen my Capital Ship? I know it was right her Reply with quote

Volt875 wrote:
Hi all, I was just wondering if there was a Deluxe verison of the capital ship rules

Nope. They got cut for deluxe. Not certain why, but I'm guessing that they were considered too "setting" for the Core.
Quote:
if the ones from SWEX should still work fine.[/list]

Should be fine if you've got big wooden ships to worry about.
Volt875
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen my Capital Ship? I know it was right her Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
Should be fine if you've got big wooden ships to worry about.

That's exactly what I have to worry about ha ha (ok granted they're flying big wooden ships but whatever) Do space ships not do so well with those rules? I've never tried it.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can work fine for any kind of big ship. However, they have certain assumptions written into them, assumptions that don't always fit the flavor of the setting. Which is why I said they have a lot of "setting" built into them.
Maine
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested in ideas...

Generally the rules for capital ships should only matter in a three cases:

- Travel
This is setting specific, and you can probably just make a GM call that fits your setting

- Non-combat, pre-combat, or post-combat encounters
Outside of roleplaying situations, the chase rules can probably suffice

- Combat
I'd run combat as a Mass Combat. PCs can participate to influence the combat just as in a regular Mass Combat. If this is a sci-fi setting, someone with engineering skills might attempt to boost or re-route energy to be more efficient, a fighter pilot might lead a squadron of small craft in a sortie, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: