Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

High Space anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: High Space anyone? Reply with quote

Has anyone downloaded the beta rules for High Space? I'm thinking of running a sci-fi campaign down the road and I was wondering if the rules would be easily transplanted to another setting.
herrozerro
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the rules and i have started playing a Scifi game with the starship rules. I am not too sure about some of the rules like equilibrium and some of the backgrounds give you amazing bonuses like +2 fighting. but it looks promising.
Story Weaver
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, in lieu of anyone else jumping in I will share the 'official line' ; )

High-Space consists of 3 seperated booklets:

Character Analects (all things about characters)
Fleet Manual (starships et al.)
The Lantern (the dedicated setting book)

CA and FM are the crunch, and they stand alone and on their own two feet (spines?)

TL (The Lantern) draws them both together and plays to the strengths of each. I was typesetting the 'demo adventure' that will ship with High-Space, checking page references, and I think there was a 50/50 split of references to the CA and to the FM.

So, you can use the Fleet Manual to add starships into any other SW campaign. It only references the core rules.

Likewise the CA only references the core rules and can be used for what it brings to the table (notably edges&hindrances, sythetics, glanding, computer rules, equipment & weapons, and rules for XS+ vehicles (which I have had great feedback on).

However, The Lantern is 'tied' to the other High-Space books. I had to think hard on that choice, but in the end i decided 'why write all these cool mechanics and never reference them?' So the Lantern is full of XS+ and starship action, plus the other crunch... plus one or two 'extra' mechanics that I saved just for that book ; )
Jim
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that the first two books mentioned are included in the beta release on Drive Thru RPG. How much longer until the full game is released? Will people who purchase the beta be allowed some kind of discount on the final product?
Story Weaver
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan is for the Final release to happen real-soon-now. I would say end of November at the absolute latest.

Yes, the Beta purchases will get a hefty discount ($5 instead of $15) on the final release, which will have updates of the first two books. It's a bit crazy, but the best discount is to buy the Beta and then buy the Final with the discount!

Making sense? : )
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, will this be made available as print in some fashion? Space Opera is an interest of mine.
Story Weaver
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we definitely want to do this in Print and/or POD format!

The cop-out answer is 'as soon as we can' ; )

Reality-checking the road map and it says January 20013... but right now that is like a long range weather forecast...
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep an eye out for it. There is not a whole lot of Space based stuff for Savage Worlds. Slipstream is great but not for everyone if you catch my drift.
GVanMeter
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Wyrm Games will be doing Terracide for Savage World to be released sometime around Origins or GenCon. Terracide is currently available for HERO 6th.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to pick that one up as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: