Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Fate of the Disputed Territories (Spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otherdoc
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: The Fate of the Disputed Territories (Spoilers) Reply with quote

Okay, brief spoiler here...

I read that the Civil War finally ends around 1881. Has it been said if it's then decided what happens to Colorado, Kansas and Oklahoma?
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC in Hell on Earth, Colorado went with the North while Kansas and Oklahoma went with the South.
K.G. Carlson
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Deadlands Reloaded, Kansas, Colorado, and the parts of Oklahoma not claimed by the Coyote Confederation are disputed territory, not belonging to either nation.

My posse is currently trekking through on their way to Coffin Rock. If they can survive the Night Train, that is... Twisted Evil
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think otherdoc was asking what happens to them after July 4, 1881, when the Union officially recognizes the CSA's independence and sovereignty.
K.G. Carlson
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
I think otherdoc was asking what happens to them after July 4, 1881, when the Union officially recognizes the CSA's independence and sovereignty.

Oh. I missed the year.

I'm kinda new to Deadlands; when DL:R opens, there is a ceasefire. In what product is the CSA sovereignty recognized?
Demonicuss Krinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.G. Carlson wrote:

I'm kinda new to Deadlands; when DL:R opens, there is a ceasefire. In what product is the CSA sovereignty recognized?

Check the DL:Classic adventure Dead Presidents, I know it talks about the ceasefire, I don't know if it officially makes the CSA independent.
RJack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ceasefire is not formal recognition. As Cutter mentions that doesn't happen until 1881 (Last Sons, p 140).

Since that's the most recent bit of metaplot, and it happens at the end of Last Sons, I imagine we'll get info on the fate of Kansas and Colorado in future plot point books.
otherdoc
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:

Yep, what he said. Smile I don't know if either of the campaigns I'm running right now will end up stretching that far, but there may be time travel coming up in at least one of them so `tis best to be prepared. (I'm plucking up the displaced town concept from Adios, A-Mi-Go! and Last Sons and surreptitiously jamming it into an amnesiac PC's backstory. Muahaha.) Also I'll likely be starting a DL Noir campaign in 2013 so there's that as well.

Sitting Duck wrote:
IIRC in Hell on Earth, Colorado went with the North while Kansas and Oklahoma went with the South.

Cool, thanks. Smile I couldn't remember if it was mentioned in HOE because of course by then national boundaries don't matter so much.

K.G. Carlson wrote:
My posse is currently trekking through on their way to Coffin Rock. If they can survive the Night Train, that is... Twisted Evil

Nice. Twisted Evil I threw a Night Train at a posse just the other week. For some reason whenever I do that it always ends with dynamite. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: