Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powers with multiple uses -- new spellcasting roll for each?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Powers with multiple uses -- new spellcasting roll for each? Reply with quote

This came up in my 50 Fathoms game this past Friday.

If a power with a duration has multiple possible uses, does the player have to make a new Spellcasting roll to switch from one effect to another or from one target to another?

In my case it was elemental manipulation. The player let the roof of a wooden cabin on fire with elemental manipulation, then, the following round, he wanted to add +1 to the chance for the fire to spread. Would that have been a new Spellcasting roll, or assumed to be part of the original casting?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Powers with multiple uses -- new spellcasting roll for e Reply with quote

SavageGamerGirl wrote:
This came up in my 50 Fathoms game this past Friday.

If a power with a duration has multiple possible uses, does the player have to make a new Spellcasting roll to switch from one effect to another or from one target to another?

In my case it was elemental manipulation. The player let the roof of a wooden cabin on fire with elemental manipulation, then, the following round, he wanted to add +1 to the chance for the fire to spread. Would that have been a new Spellcasting roll, or assumed to be part of the original casting?

As long as he doesn't have to maintain a specific effect (such as the example of slowly lighting an object over the space of several rounds), he could switch between different ones while the power is still active.

So if he spent several rounds lighting the roof on fire (it would be like trying to set it on fire with a match) and once lit, continued to maintain the power, he could use it to urge that fire to spread without activating it again.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: