Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[WOTD] - Players left stunned after the end to Chapter Two..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blakemj
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: [WOTD] - Players left stunned after the end to Chapter Two.. Reply with quote

Its been a while since I last posted how my running of War of The Dead had been progressing.

Last week did completed Week 13 of Chapter Two, which involved completely caught out the Players, and was so effective in its storyline that they have decided to take a break until January before we start Chapter Three - in short the writer(s) of WOTD did their job well.

When they heard the two gunshots, it was just after they had been debating what to do with the Richard, and given the number of times Caitlin had killed raiders etc who had surrendered previously, everyone immediately assumed she had killed Richard.
They found Richard still under guard, and then one of the players said "oh no!" as the penny dropped for all of them, and the relentlessness of the storyline came full force with the letter.

I had kept an underlying hint that Samantha was unwell and did not appear to be recovering, plus I upped the erratic nature of Caitlin as it got closer to Week 13.

We will play some light-hearted stuff for the rest of this year, and then they will be ready for Chapter Three, which doesn't appear quite so heavy on the personal loss as Chapter Two was.

Out of interest, contrary to expectations in the book, we do have one long-term surviving NPC from Chapter One (week Cool, namely Corporal Hauser, who they have brought along for various missions, and so was not at Dalesbury when it fell.
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's great to hear.

The end of Chapter Two was, personally, one of my favorite points of the first half of the series. I really liked Caitlin. That ending was hard to write, and harder to GM in play test for me. One of my players actually cried at the end of that chapter, having become emotionally invested in Samantha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: