Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To All Savages: Hurricane Sandy Relief Charity Bundle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee_Szczepanik wrote:

Why RPGNow.com offers subscriptions, and yet continuously bugs-out on them (if people recall, each and every WoTD Chapter had one issue or another that RPGNow.com had to keep fixing on their back-end), is beyond me. But I am unlikely to ever use the format again.

A work-around might be to release the first chapter as a "subscription", then just update the pdf. Subscribers can just redownload it.
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee_Szczepanik wrote:
BUNDLE UPDATE
As the man that created the bundle posted earlier:

mte-aaron wrote:
These products are readily available, you just don't get notified that they've been added. All you have to do is go back into the bundle and click the "you've purchased it" link and download the products added after you made your purchase.

So, to everyone having trouble with the subscription in the bundle, you should now be able to get Chapter Four downloaded via the new (Package) product, same as the other Chapters.

Unfortunately the bundle doesn't have the normal "You've purchased it link" It simply kicks you back to the front page of RPGNow rather than letting you download anything,
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a slightly different account than most of you, since I have a Publisher account. However, ignoring all the Publisher menus on my account page . . .

Try one of these two options.

1) Go to ACCOUNT and on that page click "Updated Products" (should be the second choice) and see if it appears in there.

2) Go to MY LIBRARY and find the Bundle. Or, if the Bundle itself isn't listed, just look under "W" for War of the Dead, since all of your purchases are in alphabetical order.

I will admit, I don't own the Bundle to try them myself. But the wife and I have done a lot of other types of Red Cross and Good Will Sandy relief donations the past several days.
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a ton for the help Lee. Unfortunately neither of those helped either. The Bundled doesn't appear under updated products in my Account page and the old Subscription is listed in My Library rather than the new bundle you added. I sent a help ticket to customer service. I'm sure they can get it all sorted out. Thanks again.
sjmiller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that it did not update for me either. I am looking into who to contact for this. I will try later today to contact the folks who set up the bundle and RPGNow to see what they can do.
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. If folks reading this don't get Chapter Four, screen shot your receipt from OBS (or whatever works for you) that shows you bought the Bundle and email it to the retail sales link found at our website (I don't want to post it here and have it botted).

Obviously, we will need some sort of Bundle proof of purchase.

I will personally send you the Chapter Four .zip via Dropbox or some other source (it is 281mb total).
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RPGNow customer service handled it. They added a link to each of the adventures of Chapter 4 to my order. Thanks Lee!
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is the charity bundle going to be up for?
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chitownroy wrote:
How long is the charity bundle going to be up for?

I was told until November 10th.
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to give some kudos to Lee and all of the other companies that stepped up and donated items to the Charity Bundle. These charity bundles say a lot about the RPG community as a whole. Whether it is Haiti or a hurricane in the US the RPG community seems to step forward when they really do not have to. I understand that there is some nice pub for the game companies and that their games get exposed to an audience that may never have considered buying a specific game. I just thought it was a good time to say thanks to those game companies who give items away free in these charity bundles.
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chitownroy wrote:
Just wanted to give some kudos to Lee and all of the other companies that stepped up and donated items to the Charity Bundle. These charity bundles say a lot about the RPG community as a whole. Whether it is Haiti or a hurricane in the US the RPG community seems to step forward when they really do not have to. I understand that there is some nice pub for the game companies and that their games get exposed to an audience that may never have considered buying a specific game. I just thought it was a good time to say thanks to those game companies who give items away free in these charity bundles.

Thanks.

Let me say, I'm in Maryland and was without power for 55 hours, and had 3 feet of water in my basement (insurance adjuster is coming out Friday), in addition to having the Flu during all that.

I B****ed and moaned, trust me. Anyone on Daring's facebook at the time heard it. Wink

Then I got online and saw what happened in New York and New Jersey, and what is still going on. I never felt luckier for only going through the little bit that I did.

Anything I can do to help those guys, I will. Hopefully, dropping over a $100 of product into the bundle did at least something to improve its sales by increasing the overall MSRP value. The wife and I have also donated a ton through Red Cross and Good Will.

And now the Nor'easter is pretty much missing my area of Maryland, but slamming right into NY and NJ tomorrow. Yeeeeesh. Sad
mte-aaron
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should check this thread more often...

Our wonderful Lee of Daring Entertainment has not only kicked in to this charity drive but has also submitted content to Savage Insider. His contribution is above and beyond the call of duty and I couldn't be more excited for it (and picked up the bundle myself because of it).

I believe the last changes and additions are in with the bundle coming in just shy of $500 in value. All that for a mere donation of $20. The good news is, after speaking to the boys at DriveThruRPG, my royalties will be adjusted for this charity bundle allowing me to receive 95% of the total sales instead of the standard royalties. This is HUGE as it means the donation will be significantly bigger and people can rest assure their money is going toward an awesome cause. That also means that as of today, we have raised over $12,000 for the American Red Cross and the charity bundle goes through Saturday. On Sunday morning, it will go inactive and I'll be able to process the donation process early that week.

I couldn't be more proud of the entire industry right now and especially our Savage Worlds licensees and the many colleagues I've managed to pull together from the industry. But of course, this would all be pointless if it wasn't for the community that is willing to chip in their $20 to show they care.

Thank you everyone!
Chris Tavares
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's going on with the bundle on rpgnow? I had it in my wish list, waiting for payday. Then I looked earlier this week and the price listed was $493 or something like that - the bundle appeared to go away?

Is it still running? Seemed awfully short if so.

Although I can't find it in their product lists either.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Tavares wrote:
So what's going on with the bundle on rpgnow? I had it in my wish list, waiting for payday. Then I looked earlier this week and the price listed was $493 or something like that - the bundle appeared to go away?

No, it just looks really expensive when it's in your wishlist. When you go to buy it, it's only $20.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: