Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Savage Gamma World 7e] Origins Ideas - PEACH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lustvig
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: [Savage Gamma World 7e] Origins Ideas - PEACH Reply with quote

Hey all!

My years-long quest to Savage all I can in post-apoc gaming continues. I have been struggling with converting the Origins from the latest, very fun, iteration of the game.

Basically, you take TWO oriigns, mash them together, and then get very creative to figure out just what the heck your mutant is. Using the race creation rules from Savage Worlds Deluxe, I am for allowing a total of +4 for character races, as the setting is very high flux and it just seems right. So, each Origin I am converting is aiming to have +2 total points. I think I have come close. Please Evaluate & Critique Honestly (PEACH):

Exploding
Practical Endurance: You gain +1 to Survival rolls for heat and hunger.
Fireworks: When you are Wounded, any creature adjacent to you has a chance to catch fire. (pp. 88 SW Deluxe).
Controlled Demolition: You explode in a SBT for 2d6, only to reform seconds later.
Alpha Mutant: Although all Alpha mutants start with one random mutation for both Origins, they will spontaneously mutate on a Critical Failure or when they rest for the day.

Fungoid
Mushroom Thoughts: +1 when resisting mental attacks, telepathy, and the like.
Healing Spores: When you are healed, you emit Healing spores in a MBT that enables a Natural Healing roll for all allies.
Toxic Spores: You emit a SBT of poisonous spores for 2d4 damage; foes must roll Vigor or be Shaken for a round.
Alpha Mutant: Although all Alpha mutants start with one random mutation for both Origins, they will spontaneously mutate on a Critical Failure or when they rest for the day.

Well, that's it for now. Am I on track? Bear in mind, the heroes of this setting are quite powerful.
Contributing author, “D6 Adventure Locations” and “D6 Fantasy Creatures”; copy editor “Darwin's World 2nd edition”; RPG Director for Metro Detroit Gamers 2007-2010; Founder of Western Area Role Players in 1987 at Western Michigan University.
Lustvig
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: No replies? Reply with quote

Wow - does my idea suck, or are you just not interested?

(It's OK if you are not interested, I just want to make sure I'm not too far off base).
Contributing author, “D6 Adventure Locations” and “D6 Fantasy Creatures”; copy editor “Darwin's World 2nd edition”; RPG Director for Metro Detroit Gamers 2007-2010; Founder of Western Area Role Players in 1987 at Western Michigan University.
SeeleyOne
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very little actual experience with any of the Gamma World editions. However I do like what you have there. I do also like that you are adding basically two race things to make a +4 race.

As I have no Gamma World resources, and I don't plan to get any, some of your references do not mean as much to me at this time. :/ However I can get the gist of it based on context so that isn't as much of an issue as it may seem.

To be evil is to live backwards
Lustvig
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I appreciate the reply. If you like post-apoc, D&D Gamma World (aka 7th edition) has got some nice things going.

Even people who could not stand 4e D&D seem to like it, as it is class-less, feat-less, faster in play, much more wild. But the cream is the character gen, which smashes together two Origins to make a PC. You then "reskin" them to make sense of a character.

Thus a Rat Swarm + Engineered Human could be a swarm of tiny Elvis clones, or Humanoid Rats.

A Demon + Wheeled could be "Christine", the possessed car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: