Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why exactly do Anti-Templars still have their powers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majcrew35
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Why exactly do Anti-Templars still have their powers? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I picked up HoE:R recently and am fascinated by the Templars. The book mentions that once a templar is initiated, his powers can not be rescinded, even if he acts against the tenants of the order.

That made me curious, so I picked up the Classic Templars source book. It details that the Templars power comes from Saints, i.e. heroes that have fallen fighting the Reckoners, and that certain Saints (Martyrs) can provide more specific and tangible aid.

It went on to talk about anti-templars - those that have turned their back on the order, and in many cases are legitimate bad guys. It explained that the Martyrs never support the anti-templars, although they are capable of drawing power from the Reckoners. The book further mentions that the Saints as a whole still support the anti-templars, and no one is sure why.

Is that question ever answered? I'm struggling to understand the nature of the Templars and their power in this context.
Sonicfox
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure it needs to be said, considering the topic, but......SPOILERS:
Players beware!

The saints don't support an anti-templar.

It mentions that the anti-templars somehow keep their abilitys and it seems like the saints support them.

But really what happens is that when a templar finally goes to the dark-side and the martyrs abandon him, the saints stop powering him as well.

And at that time is when (Unknown to most anyone except the anti-templar leaders) there is a change in management in the newest anti-templar's power supply.

The confusion you're most likely running into, is that not many know that the reckoners take over in supplying anti-templars their abilities. So in the players section everyone thinks that the saints are still letting them be templars, even if the martyrs aren't helping anymore.
Big Bad Jack
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say a rather valid question on that permutation is why they still have their powers, given the events of the Unity mega-adventure, but like many other cases of servitors, my guess on that is its not, unless you're say oh, Hellstromme-level, a maintained source but a "one time investment irrevocable" deal (which the inability to revoke a Templar's powers by the Grandmaster or similar gives credence to)
Capnsmitty19
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I take it is that they are going to still have their juju, since all the other bad guys still have their powers as long as the deadlands still exist. Id say that as soon as the fear level across the planet starts dropping, then the Anti-templar prolly will start having their powers fade as well.

That is at least how I am going to run it.

"A Great Leader can see a better future, you know like Thomas Jefferson, or the kid from the Terminator movies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: