Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Hellfrost] Frostborn, Magic, and Maintaining Powers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunJester68
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: [Hellfrost] Frostborn, Magic, and Maintaining Powers Reply with quote

I just started my Hellfrost game last night and so far we are having a good time with it, but a character generation question came up related to frostborn that have an Arcane Background other than Hrimwisardry.

I have a frostborn that has taken the hrimwisardry skill to allow the use of innate powers but plans on picking up AB (Miracles) at a later time and the Faith skill to use with that. The question is how does the penalty for maintaining powers stack between the two skills and two arcane backgrounds?

For example, if the frostborn is maintaining two innate abilities using hrimwisardry and wants to put up a third innate ability, they are -2 on their roll. However, if they want to cast the bolt miracle using thier faith and they are maintaining no miracles currently, do they take the -2 on the faith roll?

The tentative ruling that I made last night based on a strict reading of the players guide was that they would not take any penalty on the Faith roll for maintaining innate powers through hrimwisardry and vice versa.

Opinions? Actual ruling from Wiggy?

Any help is appreciated.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Maintenance penalties are cumulative, regardless of source. You still need to concentrate on holding the maintained magic or miracle in existence while you invoke something else.

So in your example, maintaining two Hrimwisardry-based innate power spells would give a -2 penalty to a Faith cast bolt.

Hope that helps!
SunJester68
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! That definitely makes sense. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: