Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Silver Gryphon Games] Breaking Murphy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heru
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: [Silver Gryphon Games] Breaking Murphy Reply with quote

Have you ever had one of those days…one where nothing seems to be going right? One that starts out bad and just seems to get worse and worse? Today is one of those days. To top it off, your crew just got a call from the Boss; you have three hours to plan a bank hit, get something out of Vault Security Box 42, and get out. So far, you’ve broken a shoe lace, broken a mirror, and feel like you’re being stalked by black cats. You’ve got a bad, bad feeling about this…

This adventure takes a (potential) break from the normal Wellstone City Chronicles and uses a variant in the rules of the Wellstone City Encounter Deck to make an adventure that is literally different every time you play it. By drawing three cards at the beginning of the adventure, the Narrator determines what events happen during the hit that make this time through it unique. These three card draws can dramatically change the way the adventure runs, and even shift alliances of the PCs, so we consider it to be the “gag episode” of Wellstone City.

When drawing cards, you might get any of the following, plus other results for every single other card in the deck:

• A bus load of kids from a local charity organization is taking a tour of the bank, unbeknownst to the PCs at the initial time of the hit.
• The mother of one of the PCs is in the bank and recognizes the PC. She does not become one of the people already listed as one of the people in the bank; she is a new person completely.
• The Bank Manager has a heart attack before the PCs can get the vault open and he is the only one who knew the combination.
• The power goes out. A pelican dropped a fish into a transformer and it blew up. The city is going to need a few hours to get it sorted out.
• A rabid bat swarm comes down out of the drop ceiling.

This adventure is filled with art from Ari Syahrazad, and comes with a map provided by Fabled Environments! A larger version of the map can be purchased from Fabled Environments, either from their store front at Drive Thru RPG and their affiliates, or get a huge physical print out from their online store!

Add Breaking Murphy to your collection of Wellstone City Chronicles today for Savage Worlds!

New Worlds, Classic Ideas.
www.facebook.com/groups/SilverGryphonGames/
Heru
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be honest with all of you. Along with being the Intern, I get to test out a lot of what Silver Gryphon has to offer before it is put on the market.

This Breaking Murphy adventure is loads of fun.

The Encounter Deck really does keep things fresh. On our adventure we called in a suspected bomb (fake of course) to clear out the block. Once inside the bank, there was a Federal Agent there after the contents of Box 42 as well! After taking him out of the picture and almost blowing the whole vault out of the bank (I guess we weren’t liars about a bomb in the end!) we got the box. Head outside to the getaway car, and CRASH! Some crazy driver plows in to our getaway vehicle forcing us to find a new ride. Now on the way to the drop-off, cars kept veering off in to our lane! I thought the box was cursed.

After talking to Kevin (the Content Director of SGG and our local GM) we got off easy. There are options to pull cards for the worst little things. The listed oddities are just scratching the surface of what could go wrong.
I highly suggest this adventure (not just because it’s my job Wink) because of the sheer replay value and changing encounters. The job is always the same, but the circumstances are always changing.

Take it to a Con and see what your PCs come up with when things go wrong!

DHRDawg
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds really cool!
Heru
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a week! Sorry to get back here so late. Setting up for the holiday was a doozy.

It's a whole mess of fun. If you haven't picked it up yet, SGG is having a sale through Cyber Monday. Pick it up now at a discount, I'd love to hear stories of how -your- game goes. Wink

PurdueBrad
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked it up and it looks great!
Heru
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brad! Should you get time to run it let us know how you liked it. I loved play testing it, eager to hear how your adventure worked out!

VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Britney Murphy at the mall but i thought it was just some one who looked skanky like Britney Murphy, then a few weeks later the news said she had been in town up till the week before filming a movie
Rohan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van Dan, be nice to the intern, man...he's still so fresh he has that New Intern Smell.

Cool

Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Silvergryphongames

Current WIP: Wellstone City Chronicles, Puppets, and One-liners
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: