Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 SW Rules Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadTinkerer
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: 2 SW Rules Questions Reply with quote

1) Can you fire three Bolts at the same target in one round? The wording doesn't seem to indicate it, but I don't know if there would be a balance issue. It would certainly help with high-toughness enemies...

2) Is the Parry bonus for Rapier cumulative? Say 1 rapier in each hand gives a total +2 bonus to Parry? I would think so, especially since it makes sense from a cinematic point of view.

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!
Truckee Games
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 2 SW Rules Questions Reply with quote

MadTinkerer wrote:
1) Can you fire three Bolts at the same target in one round? The wording doesn't seem to indicate it, but I don't know if there would be a balance issue. It would certainly help with high-toughness enemies...

2) Is the Parry bonus for Rapier cumulative? Say 1 rapier in each hand gives a total +2 bonus to Parry? I would think so, especially since it makes sense from a cinematic point of view.

Yes - as a matter of rule - for the first one.

Yes - as a matter of interpretation - for the second one.
cdude93
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think fencing people might disagree on the second one, but as far as cinematic style gaming goes, I'd say yes also. You only get the bonus if you say ha-HA! once per round.

James
DerFinsterling
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cdude93 wrote:
You only get the bonus if you say ha-HA! once per round.

That sure won't get annoying Cool.
palehorse
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDude93 said:
Quote:
You only get the bonus if you say ha-HA! once per round.

There's a card game from Fantasy Flight called Mag-Blast that's a lot of fun; its a spaceship combat game. Whenever you fire a laser blast, though, you have to make a sound effect or the shot doesn't count... Seriously, its right there in the rules!
cdude93
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol that reminds me of this card game thwaak has called elixir, where every player has to choose a wizard name, and if you call someone by their regular name instead, you have to give them one of your cards or something. God I hated that game!

James
Doc Otto
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reminded of Feng Shui (the Shadowfist RPG) where pump action shotguns did extra damage if you spent one action shot to pantomime racking a shell while making a "KA-CHINK" sound effect.
Marguerite
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cdude93 wrote:
lol that reminds me of this card game thwaak has called elixir, where every player has to choose a wizard name, and if you call someone by their regular name instead, you have to give them one of your cards or something. God I hated that game!

Sounds like Hastur in "Cults Across America" - say his name, pay the guy who's got him. Smile

Marguerite

MadTinkerer
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Otto wrote:
I'm reminded of Feng Shui (the Shadowfist RPG) where pump action shotguns did extra damage if you spent one action shot to pantomime racking a shell while making a "KA-CHINK" sound effect.

Heehee. It's been too long since I've played Feng Shui. My 1st edition rulebook is looking a little worse for wear, but maybe I'll risk wearing it out a little more just to hash out a few house rules for a SW FS homebrew campaign... After we're done Evernight and playtesting Hearts of Steel, of course. Cool

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: