Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SW Rules Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alcamtar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: SW Rules Questions Reply with quote

WOUNDS

If a character takes 2 wounds in one attack, 4 wounds in a second
attack, and 4 wounds in a third attack, how many wounds do they have? What is the penalty to rolls (such as healing, or permanent injury)?

The second attack incapacitated the character, so is the third attack ignored, or does it still add wounds? Is the wound penalty capped at -3, or is it capped at -6 since that's how many wounds he had at the point of incapacitation, or do all 10 wounds count for a whopping -10 penalty?

Is the maximum wound penalty capped at -3, or is it the total of all wounds?

DARKNESS PENALTY

Is the penalty for darkness -6 as stated the text on p.66 (and EN p.50), or is it -4 as stated in the summary tables on p.76 and p.138?

Mike
SlasherEpoch
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it:

-Max wound penalty is-3
-Third attack forces another roll on the KO table
-Darkness penalty is -6

Evil Wig Enterprises Minion #15 - "The
Machete"
Turtle
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you can have three wounds before the next wound incapacitates you and you must consult the knockout blow table.

So that's a max wound penalty of -3, and the FOURTH attack (or whichever attack that gives you the fourth wound) does you in. Also remember that in the KO table, you're only using the number of wounds that the last attack did, not the total amount of wounds.

Pitch darkness is -6, and you must detect an enemy somehow before you can attempt to attack it. This means a notice roll at -6 to represent you smelling, feeling, or hearing an opponent, but not seeing him.

[size=9]
http://vertrucio.blogspot.com/
Mort
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was wounds in the same attack for the knockout table
ZekeZero
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you can only ever have 3 Wounds. The extra ones just put you in a worse position on the KO chart. The above example would have you on the chart by the finishing blow of 4 Wounds. The third attack would put you on the chart again by 4 Wounds (almost certianly a death sentance).

In effect it means the max Wound penalty is -3, but don't forget Fatigue (Shane's had me at -4 more times than I can count).

-Zeke
Turtle
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so fatigue and wound penalties stack? I didn't know that. I was always taking the higher of the two.

[size=9]
http://vertrucio.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: