Ask not for whom the whistle blows…
Deadlands. The original Weird West roleplaying game. The name itself conjures scenes of drifters shooting it out with unliving horrors across the dusty plains of the American West. Twenty-five years ago, John Goff’s acclaimed adventure, Night Train, completely encapsulated this promise, quickly becoming to Deadlands what the original Tomb of Horrors was for Dungeons & Dragons — a crucible that players could test themselves against and then speak about in whispers to those in the know.
Our latest Kickstarter brings this malevolent masterpiece back into the moonlight, completely updated for Savage Worlds Adventure Edition and boasting gorgeous new art and accessories to bring the fun to (un)life!
If you’ve never played this classic and much beloved adventure, this is your chance to jump aboard! If you’ve ridden the rails before and are brave enough to return, you’ll find all-new extras that make this the definitive experience.
The new Night Train 25th Anniversary Boxed Set contains:
- A 72-page softcover book with the original Night Train (using the Savage Worlds rules for the first time ever), its sequel, For Whom the Whistle Blows, a new adventure, The Bank Job, from the master himself, and a special afterword featuring John Goff’s notes and convention recollections celebrating this legendary expedition into the blood-soaked rails of Varney Flats.
- Maximum quality pawns, illustrated front and back on heavy, laminated cardboard and individually die-cut to the figure’s specific shape! You’ll have an army of creepy bloodsuckers, the innocent townsfolk they want to feed on, the villains trying to capitalize on the carnage, and the hellish Night Train itself so its locomotive and cars can roll down the tracks of any Deadlands battle map… or get combined with other train cars as we add them!
- Two double-sided, fold-out combat maps, featuring the three rail towns from the adventure and a connecting spur where a posse could catch up to the train (or where the villains might camp to admire their handiwork). The maps are wet and dry eraser friendly and can be placed side-to-side to make new towns or extend the rails for even more carnage!
- Six dangerous new Archetypes to send to the slaughter!
- Ten Toe Tags to fill in and show off if the posse ends up in Boot Hill!
- Four Wanted Posters. The towns along the rails have plenty going on before the mythical Night Train makes its fateful stops. Law dogs have a chance to collect bounties or see justice catches up to these outlaws, one way or another.
- A special commemorative Wild Die, featuring a locomotive-themed “6” face for Acing.
With the 25th Anniversary of the original Night Train, the time is right to bring the fabled original back into print. John Goff has returned to update the adventure and add some extras. He also revised the text of the original Dime Novels to account for “The Morgana Effect,” a ripple in history which subtly altered the Deadlands setting between when it premiered and its current iteration. Meanwhile, the team went to work producing new art to bring the notorious adventure alive, plus the maps and accessories we all wished we had the first time around. Altogether, the 25th Anniversary offers the best and most complete Night Train experience ever!
Pack your bags and prepare to face the unrelenting terror of the Night Train 25th Anniversary Boxed Set for Deadlands: the Weird West, now waiting for you at the station on Kickstarter. Plus, don’t miss our Night Train Kickstarter: Day 1 Launch livestream with a host of special guests (including Night Train creator, John Goff) beginning this evening (Tuesday) at 7pm Eastern only on Twitch!