Savage Worlds Explorer… WANTS You!
Savage Worlds Explorer, Pinnacle’s new, ongoing publication, was successfully launched this past weekend at the 2017 Origins Game Fair and now, we’re reaching out to you for content for future issues.
If you’ve ever wanted to write official (yes, official) Savage Worlds material for Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Savage Worlds Explorer is precisely what you’ve been waiting for.
Whether you’re an established RPG author or a first-timer looking to get your foot in the door, we want to hear your ideas!
Here are some quick and dirty guidelines on what we’re lookin’ for:
- Adventures: 5,000 words. Stand-alone Savage Tales for any of Pinnacle’s Savage Settings or Companions. (For Licensee settings, please contact the company directly for permission!)
- Creature Features: 2,500 words. Include creature descriptions and statistics, along with ecology, legends, or other information as applicable/interesting.
- Character Archetypes: 2,000 words. Include any and all critical mechanics with your query.
- New Weapons, Vehicles, Mechs, Gear
, etc.: 2,000 words. Devoted to a single item or a compendium of related goods.
- Something Completely Different: 2-3,000 words. Maybe it’s a useful genre rule we overlooked in Savage Worlds Deluxe, or a suite of Setting Rules to facilitate underwater or ethereal adventuring, or… something else!
So how do you get your stuff into our hands? Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Check out our guide to Writing for Pinnacle. Learn it. Know it. Live it.
Step 2: Send a query to Editor-in-Chief Matthew Cutter briefly describing your idea, which Savage Setting it’s for, any illustrations or maps it might need, and any of your published credits, if applicable.
And that’s it! If we like what you submit we’ll work out all the details and give you a deadline.
We look forward to hearing your ideas and seeing you all among the Explorers’ ranks.